Summertime, and the livin’ is easy.
That is, unless you’re waiting to adopt, in which case things couldn’t be harder.
While other couples are outside with their baby strollers or playing with their children in the park, you’re cooped up inside waiting for the phone to ring and wondering if your turn will ever come.
But in the same way that winter turns to spring and spring gives way to summer, you need to believe that things will not only change, but change for the better.
And so, in keeping with the summery vibe, here are 18 motivational quotes to boost your spirits and inspire you while you wait.
1. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.”Jim Rohn
2. “Everything is hard before it is easy.” Goethe
3. “Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. A goal without a plan is just a dream.”
6. “Accept what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be.”
7. “It’s never too late to have a fresh start.”
8. “You don’t get what you want. You get what you work for.”
9. “The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them.”
10. “Look forward with hope. Not backward with regret.”
11. “Do what is right not what is easy.”
12. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”
13. “Push yourself because no one is going to do it for you.”
14. “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” John F. Kennedy
15. “Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.”
16. “Never let the sadness of your past and fear of the future ruin the happiness of the present.”
17. “If you want something you’ve never had then you’ve got to do something you’ve never done.”
18. “Never give up on a dream just because it will take time to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.”
Do you have an adoption story? Share it and inspire others.
Help us raise awareness about adoption. Like us on Facebook.